I wrote up a doc a while ago (when trying to come up with a useful way to
organize/admin our condo cluster) that addresses this, I think:

<http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/BDUC_Pay_For_Priority.html>

If it is inaccurate, please let me know and I'll correct it.

hjm

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[m/c 2225] / 92697 Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487