Hi,

Am 14.01.2013 um 18:27 schrieb Joseph Farran:

> Here are my limits for a node and for Grid Engine:
>
> cat /etc/security/limits.conf
> * soft memlock unlimited
> * hard memlock unlimited
> * soft nofile 4096
> * hard nofile 10240
>
> # qconf -sconf
> execd_params                 ENABLE_ADDGRP_KILL=TRUE,S_DESCRIPTORS=4096, \
>                             H_DESCRIPTORS=10240,H_MEMORYLOCKED=infinity
>

> If you can tell me what other limits to look for, I'll check those.

I'm not sure whether these are the one in effect. I mean: the sgeexecd is
started at systemboot (or did you start the execd lateron by hand?), and then
other limits could be in place. One way to get them could be:

ulimit -aH > /tmp/ulimit
echo "=" >> /tmp/ulimit
ulimit -aS >> /tmp/ulimit

added to the sgeexecd startscript to check these.

-- Reuti