On 13 February 2013 19:47, Joseph Farran <jfar...@uci.edu> wrote:

> Hi Harry.
>
> Mathew did and I asked him to ask here - I got too many fires on the
> burner.
>
> Another followup to my posting:
>
> When Mathew cannot ssh to a node, I can ssh just fine from my own regular
> account or from root to the node.
>
> So this leaves me to believe it's Grid Engine doing the restriction.
>
> Grid engine doesn't normally interfere with sshd unless you have an
appropriate pam module installed which would normally work the other way
(ie permit him to ssh only
if he has a job on the node).  The first thing I would do is look at the
logs for the node in question to see if a reason for the drop is logged but
wild ass guess you have RLIMIT_NPROC set to some value (eg via ulimit -u)
low enough so that when the user's job goes berserk it consumes all the
available processes for that user then when sshd tries to drop privs via
setuid it gets EAGAIN.   But as I said that is a wild ass guess and if I'm
correct this has nothing to do with grid engine so I'd look at the logs if
I were you.  Additionally trying the ssh with a few -v might help.

William