Random ideas:

1. try disabling the log redirects to see if anything ends up in the
standard kickstart log?

2. SGE is unusually sensitive to hostname and DNS resolution. Is your
kickstart environment giving the node the same IP address during
provisioning as it has when running? Does your kickstart environment
have reverse DNS lookup working so that a lookup on the IP returns the
proper hostname?

3. qconf requires communication with the qmaster, it looks like you are
defining ENV vars that point only to the bin directory rather than
setting up the full SGE environment during the kickstart. Consider
sourcing the SGE init scripts or at least setting SGE_ROOT and SGE_CELL
values so that the SGE binaries can navigate to
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/act_qmaster so that it knows what host to be
communicating with

Regards,
Chris