Thanks Reuti!

I can't use the trick in that tip because we have more than one AD domain to support and that "default_ad_domain_suffix=" setting only works for one AD domain

The real solution is for us to wait for the next SSSD patch to come out - they've added features that should allow universal short names coming from any AD domain, transitive trust or child domain.

The current plan for now is to make local accounts that match the AD short name while stealing the UID and GID values from the remote AD integration server. We'll run that way until the SSSD patch shows up in the various Linux repos

-Chris

Reuti wrote:
A similar question was already on the list before. IMO it's not a valid user
name in Linux and doesn't conform to POSIX, where only certain characters are
allowed. There was this hint:

http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2010-August/031881.html

-- Reuti