To answer my own question:

/opt/sge/bin/lx-amd64/sge_shepherd
/opt/sge/bin/lx-amd64/sge_shepherd: error while loading shared libraries: libhwloc.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The answer is the hwloc-1.5-3.el6_5.x86_64 RPM ...

Chris

Chris Dagdigian <mailto:d...@sonsorol.org>
August 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Sorry this is exciting, I've been using SGE forever and rarely see something new.

However I see this now on AWS trying to run a new exechost on a centos box that I bound to an aws cfncluster grid:

Starting execution daemon. Please wait ...
sge_shepherd won't run -- dynamic library missing?

Anyone seen this before? Google is no help as to what library may actually be missing ...

Chris