Hi Daniel,

Well done on wanting to work on gridengine, it's really good to see people interested.

Although the topmost layers have clearly suffered from years of applying patches on top of patches on top of patches and so are in sore need of a bit of refactoring, there are some really nice bits in gridengine.

In particular, the CULL (data management layer providing lists etc.) is amazing and pretty much bullet-proof... and the naming of data structure elements do tend to make sense :)

You might need to be careful when cloning. You may have already discovered this, but Dave used darcs which doesn't store history linearly. He exposes two main repos to git users: one which I think was effectively his master branch and a second containing all the releases.

Best,

Mark