Hi John,

> Am 31.08.2018 um 12:27 schrieb Marshall2, John (SSC/SPC)
> <john.marsha...@canada.ca>:
>
> Hi,
>
> When gridengine calculates cpu usage (based on wallclock) it uses:
> cpu usage = wallclock * nslots
>
> This does not account for the number of cpus that may be used for
> each slot, which is problematic.

What was the motivation for implementing it this way? I mean: usually one SLOT
represents one CORE in GirdEngine. Hence, to get a proper allocation and
accounting while not oversubscribe the nodes you have to request the overall
amount of cores in case you want to combine processes (like for MPI) and
threads (like for Open MP).

In your case, it looks to me that you assume that necessary cores are
available, independent from the actual usage of each node?

-- Reuti

PS: I assume with CPUS you refer to CORES.