Interesting! now I have more doubts about this:

1 Where is this cheap & fast implementation of the Java-like casting? Is it
in GDK or it is implemented at low-level by the Groovy compiler? I only
know the asType method in DefaultGroovyMethods.
2 Why the "asType" method use the expensive way new
BigDecimal(d.toString()) instead the fast?

Thank you Jochen. :)

--
Un saludo.
Alberto Vilches