This here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20734719/no-such-property-springsecurityservice-for-class-dummy

looks a lot like what you have seen. Does it fit your case?

bye Jochen

On 08.08.2017 19:24, Les Hartzman wrote:
I'm getting an error on startup of a Spring Boot app when a properties file (not application.properties) is being read in.

The property that is supposedly missing, doesn't exist as a class member (not supposed to) - only as a method variable.

The error that comes out is:

*groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: approvedCreatives for class: DUMMY*

The full stacktrace leading to this is:

*groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: approvedCreatives for class: DUMMY* at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:53) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoGetPropertySite.getProperty(PogoGetPropertySite.java:52) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:307)
at DUMMY$_closure1.doCall(DUMMY.groovy:1)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:294)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1022)
at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:414)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureStaticMetaMethod.invoke(ClosureStaticMetaMethod.java:62)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1446)
at groovy.lang.ExpandoMetaClass.invokeStaticMethod(ExpandoMetaClass.java:1138) at com.examples.eservice.config.AppConfig.propertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer(AppConfig.groovy:16)

The properties file being read in is a key/value type where the values are JSON strings for most of the keys; some are just simple values.

So my first question is if DUMMY is a compiler-generated class and is there anyway of seeing it?

But my most important question is if anyone has any idea what is happening here?

Thanks.

Les