From: K Adithyan (tech) [mailto:adi.k....@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:15 PM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Executing Groovy DSL scripts concurrently

Team,

Our application is a Root Cause Analysis Computation Engine for Telecom
networks. We have been implementing the logics in java only so far.

We are now planning to write DSLs for each feature and write the logics using
the DSL. We have implemented a framework for plugging in any number of DSLs and
integrated that DSL Framework with our application.

Each of the logics written over the DSL are executed concurrently using 40 or
50 or 60 threads based on the rate of the incoming events. Due to the
concurrency, we are now creating `GroovyShell` object for every execution and
calling `shell.evaluate(ourScriptFile)` to run the DSL scripts with our own
Binding object and delegates.

This prevents the system to run the logic at its own speed. Everytime parsing
and running takes significant time which reduces the event handling capacity of
the application.

I have attempted with `GroovyShell` and `GroovyScriptEngine`. But both are
offering same performance levels. GroovyShell is slightly better than
GroovyScriptEngine.

Under these circumstances, what is the best way to wrap our script logic, that
is based on our own DSLs, and run it concurrently without any overhead for
parsing, compilation, etc?????????

Pls advice

Reg,
Adithyan K

This e-mail message contains confidential information and is intended only for
the named recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying or distribution is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this message in error and delete this message from
your system. As internet communications are not secure, the Swiss National Bank
accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the
Swiss National Bank.