I know of some indie game developers and podcasters that are using Patreon.
A possible alternative to something like KickStarter/Indiegogo with more of
a subscription model which could even be $1/month.

https://www.patreon.com

What is Patreon? - video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=rwvUjAv6pxg

Cheers,