Hi everyone,

As an independent initiative, we have set up an open collective for Groovy:

https://opencollective.com/friends-of-groovy

This initiative is designed to complement the Apache project and the many
contributions we get from our great community and supporters.

Rationale: The Apache Software Foundation values community integrity and
vendor independence very highly. As a general principle, it doesn't accept
"cash for code" so that individual cash payments can't force contributions
into a project which aren't aligned with community consensus. While we
value the existing contributions to the project very highly, we wanted this
complementary mechanism for any supporters out there who aren't in a
position to dedicate their time to the project.

Big kudos to Daniel Sun for spearheading the latest push for this
initiative.

Cheers, Paul.