The reason I am playing now with metaclass is that I would need to check for a
given method whether it exists (that's easy), and if it does, whether it's an
originally compiled one or one added dynamically at runtime.

What's the best (most robust and reliable) way to do that? So far I haven't
found any expliticly documented way. By my testing it looks like I might be
able to use something like

println "$name is original: ${metaclass.pickMethod(name,args) instanceof
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod}"

but I am not sure whether it would work in all possible cases, and whether
there's no better way?

Thanks for any insight,
OC