On 31.12.23 16:21, Agile Developer wrote:
Thank you very much Jochen for the answer. I agree that Typescript can
be misused, but do you prefer a 10K LOC in Javascript or Typescript?

Does really not matter much.

What is more maintainable given best practices are respected in each
language? Personally I would get up to speed faster in Typescript even
If the developer was not 100% conforming to types.

If it is good code and best practices are respected then I have
documentation able to explain everything I need to know and tests
showing me usage and possibilities. It then does not matter if I have
additionally types or not.

I see your point that  @compilestatic groovy vs "free range" groovy
resembles the typescript vs javascript situation, still I do not find it
ideal to have 2 languages in terms of maintenance effort.

why two languages? Because the semantics for method dispatch differ
slightly? @CompileStatic is only a AST-transform, any AST-transform can
alter the semantics.

bye Jochen