On 09.01.24 22:53, MG wrote:
Hi Jochen,

we do not use any of these Groovy features - why is that information
relevant to you ?

I was playing around with some thoughts.... for me the biggest problem
are per instance meta classes really.

If you are gauging if you can remove some potentially unused features
from Groovy, it might be best to state so - nothing to get people to
take the time to reply, than to tell them an important feature of their
language might be cut (or trimmed)... ;-)

Well, if I would make a suggestion to remove these or one of them, it
would have to be based on practical data. That is how the user is using
it, how it is understood, performance, maintainability and correctness.
Both features do not impose a big burden on method calls actually, so
performance is maybe not a problem. But we have to maintain a
complicated datastructure with possible memory leaks if you use per
instance meta classes on java classes. The usage is low and I am not
sure how many people realize the implications of using them.

bye Jochen