On 8/9/05, Chris Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>      Hi,
>
>      New problem.  We wouldf very much love to allow users to use
> Redirect in .htaccess but must disallow FileInfo to turn off things
> like PHP.  FileInfo is needed to allow Redirect.
>
>      Is there any way to either re-enable redirect specifically
> without allowing FineInfo?  I'm thinking no and it's a little
> upsetting that Apache doesn't seem to have finer granularity here
> unless I'm missing something.  Oh, using 1.3 here, but 2.0 appears to
> have the same problem.

No, there is no direct way to do this.  But there are plenty of other
ways to accomplish the same goal.  For example:

1. Allow FileInfo but use a "php_admin_flag engine off" or similar
setting to assure that php can't be used.

2. Allow FileInfo but use other administrative measures to keep your
users in line.  (A rule with posted consequences for violations plus a
simple cron job for enforcement should work fine.)

Joshua.