Thanks. We have received several reports of exact location hits and several that say that the markers were way off. So, it seems this is still very in-accurate (which in a way is good for people who are concerned about privacy issues). The only thing that we may be able to trust is the country location.

For now, as Bill pointed out, it looks like a way of showing the reach of Open Source projects. Specially interesting might be when we compare several projects, e.g., MySQL vs. Postgresql, Python vs. PERL, etc.