Thanks for replying.

       I've sent a message a few minutes ago, ranting about the mean of "XXXX
simultaneous users".

Here 2000 simultaneous users means 2000 connections at the same time,
not the 2000 requests/s. I estimate about 150 requests/s. Those are
all PHP dynamic requests.

       In resume, if you're going to serve dynamic content (be it a PHP
script, CGI, SSI or the such), it is basically impossible to guess if
your machine able to handle that much users.

       If you're only talking about static content, then, that might be
doable. Personally, I would choose a "worker" model. :)

Here I have to use "prefork" model due to thread_safe issue of PHP. I
am not sure if "worker" could be used stablely with PHP with
Apache2.2.x?

Thx, Xuekun