Hi Apache gurus.
I am looking for a simple way to get a maintenance page up on RHEL4AS running
httpd version 2.0.52.
the maintenance page should come up when the site is down...or if there is a
maintenence going on...like uploads and such.
I have looked around found .htaccess, or the Rewrite way...but can someone
explain me how to do this.  There is too much information scattered around
about this and I am looking for a clear answer...step by step directions.  The
O'Reilly Apache Cookbook that I have does not give me the answer as well.
Thanks much in advance.

Regards.

# mukarram

 Mukarram Syed