Hello Group. I'm trying to understand the following setup.
I have a main server, www.somedomain.com [DocumentRoot
/var/www/www.somedomain.com/htdocs/], within the server I want to redirect to
specific pages by using www2.somedomain.com, what then points to [DocumentRoot
/var/www/www.somedomain.com/htdocs/www2_redirect/].
I'm using Debian 4.08/apache2. My questions is, is this a VirtualHost setup,
or redirects. I tried the virtual host setup and it never goes to the www2
virtual site. Why is that? How to do this the correct way?
.../sites-available/default:
NameVirtualHost www2.somedomain.com:80
.../sites-available# more www2.somedomain.com
<VirtualHost www2.somedomain.com:80>
ServerName www2.somedomain.com
ServerAdmin [email protected]
# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.html
DocumentRoot /var/www/www.somedomain.com/htdocs/www2_redirect/
# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/www.somedomain.com/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
RewriteRule .* - [F]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACK
RewriteRule .* - [F]
# Logfiles
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/check.txt$" dontlog
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/www2-somedomain.com-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/www2.somedomain.com-access_log combined
env=!dontlog
</VirtualHost>
main site: www.somedomain.com works, and if I point the browser to www2, I'm
still getting the www. page. I must do something wrong???
.../sites-available# more www.somedomain.com
<VirtualHost www.somedomain.com:80>
ServerName www.somedomain.com
ServerAdmin [email protected]
# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.html
DocumentRoot /var/www/www.somedomain.com/htdocs/
# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/www.somedomain.com/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>
# disable TRACE and TRACK in the www.example.com virtual host
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
RewriteRule .* - [F]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACK
RewriteRule .* - [F]
# Logfiles
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/check.txt$" dontlog
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/www.somedomain.com-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/www.somedomain.com-access_log combined
env=!dontlog
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost www.somedomain.com:443>
ServerName www.somedomain.com
ServerAdmin [email protected]
# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.html
DocumentRoot /var/www/www.somedomain.com/htdocs/
# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/www.somedomain.com/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>
# disable TRACE and TRACK in the www.example.com virtual host
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
RewriteRule .* - [F]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACK
RewriteRule .* - [F]
# Logfiles
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/check.txt$" dontlog
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/www.somedomain.com-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/www.somedomain.com-access_log combined
env=!dontlog
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2-ssl/ca.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2-ssl/ls2.somedomain.com.key
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2-ssl/ls2.somedomain.com.crt
</VirtualHost>
Thank you
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
" from the digest: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]