On 07.02.10 22:39, fulan Peng wrote:
> I am not running facebook server. I just set up a reverse proxy server for
> it.

the term "reverse proxy" is usually used by people who run proxies in froont
of their own webservers, which is not your case. I recommend you to avois
term "reverse" when talking about oproxy for facebook.

> >> Before, it always complain missing a file called ua_callback.php
> >> I wget it from http://m.facebook.com. It looks like a html file
> >> instead of a php file.
> >
> > Of course, the PHP is (usually) parsed on server and (usually) generates
> > different content than PHP.
>
> I cannot not understand this. I have set up reverse proxy for many web
> sites which have php files. The browser ask for the php file, the
> proxy should ask for the  backend server. The proxy get the results
> from the backend server then deliver the results to the browser. Now,
> error message on the proxy says the proxy is missing a php file,
> something is wrong.

When the client asks for "php" file, the webserver usually processes the PHP
file and sends its output (not the php file itself) to the client.
Don't wander that you don't see the PHP content in it.

> [Sun Feb 07 08:36:58 2010] [error] [client {the browser}] File does
> not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/ajax, referer:
> https://{myip}:8381/15/login.php?login_attempt=1
>
> So I wget http://m.facebook.com/ua_callback.php, I got a
> ua_callback.php file which is the results to run the ua_callback.php.

better do not do that. I don't know how big part of facebook is cacheable,
but by caching something you should not cache you may break users' privacy
and the application itself.

I think you have been told in squid-users mailing list about this, so let's
better close this issue.
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."