Hello Ricardo,

What i usually do for geo services, is to have a dedicated vhost for each
service, i.e. one for your geowebcache and one for the mapservice, then
its easy to proxy all wms requests onwards to the geowebcache, which
subsequently could parse the requests to a basic wms service somewhere, in
order to cache the content.

If you rewrite these requests, i guess you could experience problems when
upgrading the gwc, or if your query string changes, or in other matters
where something suddenly behaves oddly. Not to mention confusing
debugging...

Then your request could be wms.someAddress/?val1=1&val2=2, which you parse
to the gwc site http://10.0.0.2:8080/ (like your current proxypass), and
then you could setup that tomcat-site to host the gwc as the root i.e.
http://10.0.0.2:8080/service/wms?val1=1&val2=2, will yield geo-content.

Is this at all any help to you? -since you might have to do some changes,
it could be useless for your specific setup.

//congo