Apache2 2.2.17 on a possibly overbuilt (8 core CPU, 8 Gigs RAM, solid state + raid drives) lightly loaded server using MySql, Perl and PHP. Built using 'worker' rather than 'prefork' (Googling seemed to suggest performance improvement under light loads) but now I'm reading various reports that PHP could be troublesome (Debian User forum, "PHP5 stopped working".)

Am I paranoid? I found this while trying to find out about .apache2.conf.swp and am now totally confused. Insight from the experts here would save my sanity.

Thanks - Paul