Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:13:53 +0100
From: jer...@adaptr.nl
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] attack on apache

    On 01/11/2012 09:10 PM, Jaco Kroon wrote:

      On 11/01/12 21:35, Jeroen Geilman wrote:

                  In /var/log/httpd/error_log I see hink like this

                  sh: del comand no found

                  sh: xx Permission denied

                  I need help !

        1. Stop apache.

        2. investigate which leaky, creaky or lousy PHP script allowed
        this exploit.

        3. remove the bad script.

      4.  Remount /tmp with noexec,nosuid,nodev to prevent the majority
      of these types of exploits.

    Surely you noticed that I did not advise him to turn it back on - at
    all ? ;)

    But yes, distros that don't protect /tmp suck.

    --
J.

Thanks Jeron:
            any idea how to start researching which is the leaky script
Cheers
Luisa