On February 22, 2012 12:20 , Jan Engelhardt <jeng...@medozas.de> wrote:
Did you try accesing FPM over unix socket? The way I see it, the mod_proxy and/or libapr source code do not have any provisions for parsing anything but, and resolving to, IPv4/IPv6 sockaddrs. (Would have loved to use proxy:fcgi://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Ffpm.sock/$1 in the rewrite rule.)

No, I selected mod_proxy_fcgi + PHP-FPM over other FastCGI solutions partially because I wanted the flexibility of proxying: I want to be able to move PHP-FPM to a separate server than httpd runs on, if necessary, and possibly use balancing to provide scalability and fault tolerance across a pool of PHP-FPM servers all running the same web applications.

So for this reason I have not tried using a Unix socket.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org