On March 5, 2012 11:20 , Rajeev Prasad <rp.ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
thx Mark, it does help to understand things better. so that mean grsecurity and AppArmor doing the same thing? except that grsecurity is much complex and harder i guess. (I wanted to do that, but does not have enough expertise to think of building a LAMP install on grsecurity patched ubuntu.)

grsecurity and AppArmor are both Mandatory Access Control (MAC) systems, yes. But they have different strengths and weaknesses. As far as I know, you can only run one MAC system at any given time. Two other MAC systems which you may have heard about are SELinux and Tomoyo.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org