> On 18 August 2012 15:55, Drew Tomlinson <d...@mykitchentable.net> wrote:
>> So now I'm trying to understand how browsers cache information and what it
>> takes to get them to forget that information.

Make your pages adhere to the RFC spec for caching.  Use cache-control headers
such as "no-cache" or "private" to ensure cache is revalidated against the
source.  You haven't provided any details on the type of page you're calling
from "whatever" but likely the resource is considered cacheable and the browser
doesn't need to revalidate against httpd.

There is a pretty good overview of browser caching here:
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

James Rapp