---- Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 6:58 PM, <oh...@cox.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Try
> > > RequestHeader edit "Cookie" "MyCookie=.*(\;)?"
> > >
> > > Anyway, more interesting question for me was how are you going to check
> for
> > > the first condition, existance of the arbiteary header MYHEADER? Or you
> are
> > > talking here about standard http header?

> them
> > > :(...

> > Igor,
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion, but it:
> >
> > 1) Leaves a trailing semicolon if the cookie I want to remove is at the
> very end of the "Cookie" value/string, and
> > 2) Removes the cookie I want to remove and everything after that if the
> cookie I want to remove is not at the very end of the "Cookie" value/string.
> >
> > Re. your question: I probably didn't explain clearly what I meant by an
> arbitrary MYHEADER.  We know what that header name is, so it's "arbitrary"
> in the sense that it'll be what we need, but it's not one of the standard
> HTTP headers.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Why dont you paste your config here so we can see what have you done?

Igor,

As I said earlier, right now, I'm focusing on trying to get the "RequestHeader
edit" working (I think that now that I have 2.4.3 and the <If>, the conditional
part shouldn't be too bad), so I have a vanilla, just-built 2.4.3, with the
following <Location> added:

<Location /test>
# Compare the host name to foo.whatever.com and add a header in that case...
<If "%{HTTP_HOST} == 'foo.whatever.com'">
    RequestHeader set YOU_ARE_GOING_2FOO.WHATEVER.COM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

# Suggested by Igor from httpd mailing list - doesn't work
#RequestHeader edit Cookie "MyCookie=.*(\;)?" ""

# 2nd suggestion from Igor - doesn't work
RequestHeader edit "Cookie" "MyCookie=.*(\;)?$" ""

</If>

ProxyPass       http://localhost:8080/test
ProxyPassReverse        http://localhost:8080/test

</Location>