At 03:19 PM 10/15/2014 +0200, Daniel wrote:
Don't know where you got that idea supposing httpd modifies html pages.

HTTPD does not touch html pages, it's not its function, nor the function or any other web server, httpd sends them to the client when requested and the client interprets them.

It is at least surprising you blame the Apache Web Server over the client in something like this.

and he's using an HTML5 tag <dataset> which is browser sensitive (e.g Safari won't touch it...)

--Paul

I would be inclined to think (but you didn't showed the source of the file you see with the browser when you access it in the server), since your server is in Linux and you are handling the file and testing locally in a windows, that it is a carriage return thing rather than any other. Try dos2unix the file in the server or similar, remember windows and Linux do not use the same characters for newline/carriage returns.

Regards

Hello,
my laptop at the office is windows 7 with internet explorer 10.
our apache server is version 2.2.3 running on a Linux system.
I have a small HTML test file with a <datalist> tag that works fine when runlocally through the browser.
However when I send the file up to the apache server and then attempt to display the web page with the <datalist> tag it does not display correctly. I just see an input box with the contents of the datalist tag choices displayed beside it. I have checked the apache error log and there was no entry of any klind for my web page. Why does the apache web server somehow manage to mess up my simple little web page which is as follows :
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Datalist</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Datalist</H1>
<input type="text" name="product" list="productName"/>
<datalist id="productName">
    <option value="Pen">Pen</option>
    <option value="Stapler">Stapler</option>
    <option value="Pencil">Pencil</option>
    <option value="Eraser">Eraser</option>
    <option value="Paper">Paper</option>
</datalist>