  From: Dr James Smith
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache make fedora go into corner

  On 27/12/2014 13:21, georg chambert wrote:

    Hi, have for a bit of time had trouble with my server PC running Fedora Os
and Apache.

    After some time it goes into non-communicatable mode, does not take any
input whatsover,
    hard shutdown is only way to get out. It can be 24hours and it can be
14days of running before this happes.
    While if  the httpd is not active the machine has no issues.

    So where do I look to find answers; short look in access_log for servere
does not give any specific clues to what
    happens, possibly because the "hard takedown" of the machine the file is
not closed properly ?

  Have you checked top regularly to see if you are running the machine out of
memory.

    Any suggestions ?

    Georg

  -- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company
registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215
Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.