Wrong header...

    RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding

is the way to stop the backend compressing the request...

On 09/03/2015 14:57, dennis.luna...@t-systems.com wrote:
Hi,

I have some problems using mod_deflate to decompress requests.

I am using a apache 2.4 as a reverse proxy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 6.4 (Santiago). Within this apache I have to decompress requests and
compress the answers.
To do this for some specific requests I defined a location:
<Location /web-services>
   SetInputFilter DEFLATE
   SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</Location>
I got the result, that the request have been decompressed, but the header
Content-Encoding gzip is still set causing problems on the next server.

So I removed the Content-Encoding header using mod_headers:
<Location /web-services>
   RequestHeader unset Content-Encoding
   SetInputFilter DEFLATE
   SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
   Header set Content-Encoding gzip
</Location>
As a result in the request the Content-Encoding is not set anymore. But the
request is still compressed.
The manual of mod_deflate says that only requests with the header
Content-Encoding gzip are decompressed. So it seems that mod_headers is
executed before mod_deflate.

So basically either the decompression is done and the header is not changed or
the header is changed but the decompression is not done.
Is there any way to decompress the request and remove the Content-Encoding gzip
header?

Regards,
Dennis

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.