On 3/13/2015 7:54 PM, el kalin wrote:

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Jim Albert <j...@netrition.com
<mailto:j...@netrition.com>> wrote:

    On 3/13/2015 7:17 PM, el kalin wrote:

        if i have this in the

        <Directory "/server/doc/root">

                  Order allow,deny
                  Allow from all
                  deny from 111.10.250.188
        </Directory>
        ESTABLISHED
        tcp        0      0  ip-10-102-190-93.http  111.10.250.188.inovapo
        ESTABLISHED

        this is growing with every netstat i do.  any ideas???

        thanks…

    I believe your Order allow, deny is correct.

i believe so too...

    You are controlling what can be served by Apache, but not the actual
    network connection to your Apache server, hence the continued
    entries in your connection table. I would assume your Apache error
    log is spewing lots of access denied or such errors indicating your
    deny is working.

    If you really want to keep a given an IP address completely out of
    Apache, block it in iptables or better yet the firewall behind which
    your Apache server sits, but iptables will do it.

i'm aware. the problem is that this is an netbsd ec2 (amazon instance)
and the only "firewall" right now is the security groups that service
offers. those are not meant to block individual ips. they are rather all
exclusive. so my only other option was pf. which i'm used to but it
appears that the whole dynamic kernel module loading is screwed up
because of the kernel build to fit xen…   and so on…

iptables?

--
Jim Albert