RHEL: 5
Apache: 2.2.29

Trying to set up a VirtualHost in my 443 configuration
Listen 443 (also tried Listen 443 http)

DocumentRoot    "/www/secure"

NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:443>

<IfDefine leveltest>
ServerName      test.something.com
RewriteEngine On
SSLEngine     On
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests Off
SSLCertificateFile      "/example.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile   "example.key"
SSLCertificateChainFile "example-intermediate.crt"
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine levelprod>
RewriteEngine On
SSLEngine     On
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests Off
RewriteEngine On
SSLEngine     On
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests Off
SSLCertificateFile      "/example.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile   "example.key"
SSLCertificateChainFile "example-intermediate.crt"
</IfDefine>

SSLOptions              +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
SSLProtocol             ALL -SSLv2 -SSLv3

The above results in the following error when trying to start:
[Tue Aug 04 11:20:09 2015] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has
no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile] ((null):0)

We know that certificate listed works as we are currently using it,
only difference is we tried including it in a VirtualHost now.