On 11/17/2015 11:38 AM, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> I don't necessarily agree with everything in that document, but it is
> referenced on this mailing list page
> (http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users), so it is reasonable to
> reference it.

Good point. I'll try to fix that ASAP.

> If there are significant issues with it (I am not saying that there
> are), then I am sure someone can propose taking the link off the website
> or replacing it with something else.

I'm working on it - http://betterfm.org/smart-questions.html
Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately.

The issue that I have with it is that it assumes that it is the asker's
responsibility to put up with all manner of abuse, because that's just
how we roll in the Open Source world. (See
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool for more detail
on that attitude.) I just happen to repudiate that particular point of view.

That, and the fact that the word "idiot" appears first in paragraph two,
and the arrogance get worse from there.

> I actually do think that this document is way too long as a welcome to a
> new poster. A concise bulleted list might be better.

Yes, the document has grown from a useful little document ten years ago
to the victim-blaming monstrosity it is today, and it's time to burn it
down and start over.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon