Is the response the same as the response for / - thats' all I can assume...?

On 09/07/2016 14:00, Jonesy wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 15:51:27 -0700, Red-Tail Books wrote:
--------------D86F2E214EC5EE5DBED2B3B9

Wow Ken, Thanks for the thorough research. I just did a whois and
figured it wasn't an attack.

But being a complete rookie (no experience with linux or servers prior
to creating a droplet on DO 2 weeks ago)
I was curious to not see any request prefix (GET|POST|CONNECT...etc...)
and then I saw that the request was successful (status 200) instead of a
404. And what 11k of data did my server send in response...

In 13 days of logs this IP has only hit my server once and this is the
only time I've seen such a request... So no issue with their legitimate
research...
All well and good, I suppose.
I still wonder why the fetch resulted in a "200 OK".....

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.