I am trying to do some benchmarking on different HTTP/2 webservers using "h2load" from nghttp2.org.

I configured Apache with HTTP/2 and in wireshark I can see HTTP/2 traffic when connecting with a browser like firefox. When I use h2load it falls back to HTTP/1.1 claiming the server does not support NPN/ALPN.
--------------
Example:

h2load -c1 -n1024 -m1024 myapache

starting benchmark...
spawning thread #0: 1 total client(s). 1024 total requests
TLS Protocol: TLSv1.2
Cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
No protocol negotiated. Fallback behaviour may be activated
Server does not support NPN/ALPN. Falling back to HTTP/1.1.
Application protocol: http/1.1
---------------

I tested h2load with an nginx installation and there it works fine, so I'm guessing that it is not a problem on the h2load side.

My Apache site configuration looks like this.

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    <VirtualHost _default_:443>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        Protocols h2
        H2Push on

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

        SSLEngine on

        SSLCertificateFile    /etc/ssl/server.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private.key

        <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
        </FilesMatch>
        <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
        </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Apache Version: 2.4.23
Openssl: 1.0.2h

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?