On 09/26/2016 05:26 PM, Milt Spain wrote:
> I have this Vhost configuration on Apache 2.2 loaded on Windows Server
> 2012.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/htdocs
> ServerAdmin a...@diversitylink.com
> ServerName minorityrecruiter.com
> ServerAlias *.minorityrecruiter.com
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/"
> <Directory "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/htdocs/">
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
> AllowOverride all
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/">
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
> AllowOverride all
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The website name entered into a browser will yield a page which contains
> a link to a cgi program. When that link is clicked an error message
> shows stating the file cannot be found on this server. The path to the
> cgi program is E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl.

What exactly does the error log say? (Not the message in the browser,
the error log.)

> I have the same Vhost config ,minus the second <Directory>, on a
> different machine (Microsoft Server 2003) with Apache 1.3 and the cgi
> program functions when called.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1)Any idea as to why the config works on Apache 1.3 and not on Apache 2.2?
>
> 2)Can Apache 1.3 work with MS Server 2012? Any specific changes that
> have to be made?

You are *strongly* recommended to move off of 1.3, and on to 2.4. There
are many, many reasons for this.

> I would much prefer to move on with Apache 2.2 but I can't get the
> configurations to work and I have to get on with life.
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Well, let's start with those error logs.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon