Hello,
I have a configuration question regarding RewriteRule.

We have a SSL terminator in front of our Apache, which redirect traffic to
different port based virtual host depending on which protocol the connection
came from.
As a result, Apache is only responding to HTTP requests.

We have RewriteRule that perform relative 301 and 302 redirections.

Exemple: RewriteRule ^/deprecatedPage.html$ / [R=301,L,E=nocache:1]

According to the documentations:
"If a fully-qualified URL is specified (that is, including http://servername/) then
a redirect will be issued to that location. Otherwise, the *current protocol*,
servername, and port number will be used to generate the URL sent with the redirect.
"

Because of the current protocol clause, all URL that are sent to a https
address are redirected back to http. We have a catch all http to https
redirection too, but that cause two redirections in a row we would like to
avoid.

Other than inputing the absolute URL to the destination, is it possible to
change the 'current protocol' so that mod_rewrite  put https rather than http?

I tried SetEnv SERVER_PROTOCOL=https  without success.

Thanks

--

*Philippe Busque*
1111, rue St-Charles Ouest,

Ce message et les fichiers d’accompagnement transmis avec celui-ci s’adressent
expressément au(x) destinataire(s) et peuvent contenir des renseignements
confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, veuillez
en aviser immédiatement l’expéditeur par courrier électronique. Veuillez
également ne pas en prendre connaissance et en supprimer toutes les copies
immédiatement. Technologies Interactives Mediagrif Inc. et ses filiales
n’acceptent aucune responsabilité à l’égard des opinions exprimées dans le
message ou des conséquences de tout virus informatique qui pourrait être
transmis avec ce message. Ce message fait également l’objet d’un copyright. Il
est interdit d’en reproduire, adapter ou transmettre quelque partie que ce soit
sans le consentement écrit du détenteur du copyright.

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return
email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it
and destroy any copies immediately. Mediagrif Interactive Technologies Inc. and
its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views expressed in the email
or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be transmitted with
this email. This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright
owner.