Hi Hajo,

> Hello,
>
> thanks Daniel and Stefan. This is a good point.
> I did the test with a static file and this test was successfully done
> within only a few seconds.
>
> finished in 20.06s, 4984.80 req/s, 1.27GB/s
> requests: 100000 total, 100000 started, 100000 done, 100000 succeeded, 0
> failed, 0 errored, 0 timeout
>
> so problem seems to be not h2load and basic apache. may be i should look
> deeper into proxy_fcgi configuration.
> php-fpm configuration is unchanged and was successfully used with
> classical fastcgi-benchmark, so i think i have to doublecheck the proxy.
>
> now i did this change in proxy:
>
> from
> enablereuse=on
> enablereuse=off
>
> this change leads to a working h2load testrun:
> finished in 51.74s, 1932.87 req/s, 216.05MB/s
> requests: 100000 total, 100000 started, 100000 done, 100000 succeeded, 0
> failed, 0 errored, 0 timeout
>
> iam surprised by that. i expected a higher performance when reusing
> backend connections rather then creating new ones.
> I did some further tests and changed some other php-fpm/proxy values, but
> once "enablereuse=on" is set, the problem returns.
>
> Should i just run the proxy with enablereuse=off? Or do you have an other
> suspicion?

Before giving up I'd check two things:

1) That the same results happen with a regular localhost socket rather than
a unix one.
2) What changes on the php-fpm side. Are there more busy workers when
enablereuse is set to on? I am wondering how php-fpm handles FCGI requests
happening on the same socket, as opposed to assuming that 1 connection == 1
FCGI request.

Luca