> Am 10.04.2018 um 10:24 schrieb Rajesh Cherukuri <rajec...@gmail.com>:
>
> hi
>
> thanks for the info , wanted to know if there is a way we can configure SSL
> on  a apache forword proxy   so that the communication between the client
> (browser) to the Proxy server is encrypted

Not sure what exactly you looking for. If you have:

Browser <-c1-> Apache <-c2-> Backend

where Apache acts as forward proxy, the both c1 and c2 can be TLS connections,
e.g. encrypted. But that means that the data is unencrypted "inside" the Apache
server. There is no end-to-end encryption between Browser and Backend.

As for the TLS c2 connection setup, you have to specify "https:" for your
proxied backend and can influence the setup with the various "SSLProxy*"
directives.

Cheers,

Stefan