On 03 Oct 2018, at 12:07, Filipe Cifali <cifali.fil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you can check what virtualhost is being served via apache2ctl like this: $
> apache2ctl -S
> $ apache2ctl -h provides this info:
>   -S                 : a synonym for -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS -D DUMP_RUN_CFG

Yes that is all fine, and the site was loading perfectly for almost three and a
half hours.

         port 443 namevhost www.XXX.com
(/usr/local/etc/apache24/users/XXX.conf:1)
                 alias XXX.com
         port 80 namevhost www.XXX.com
(/usr/local/etc/apache24/users/XXX,conf:26)
                 alias XXX.com

I do not have an apache2ctl, just apachectl (apache 2.4 FreeBSD 11.2-REALEASE
compiled from ports)

> After checking that the right vhost is being served, start removing proxy
> logic and just make the txt work again, then slowly start adding the proxy
> config to make the php work again.

There is exactly one line in the site configuration that, when commented, makes
the site work again. Though, possibly only for a little while. I’ll have to
check more in 3-4 hours. There is no other proxy logic at all.

> If you can, post the full vhost here regarding the domain that misbehaves.

Sure, but other than the host name, it is identical to all the other sites.

<VirtualHost *:443>
   ServerName www.XXX
   ServerAlias XXX
   DocumentRoot /www/XXX/
   #ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.php)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000/www/XXX/$1
   <Directory "/www/XXX/">
     Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
     AllowOverride all
     Require all granted
   </Directory>
   SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/dehydrated/certs/XXX/cert.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/dehydrated/certs/XXX/privkey.pem
    SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/etc/dehydrated/certs/XXX/chain.pem
   SSLProtocol ALL -SSLv2 -SSLv3
   SSLHonorCipherOrder on
   SSLCipherSuite
ECDH+AESGCM:DH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:DH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+AES:ECDH+3DES:DH+3DES:RSA+AESGCM:RSA+AES:RSA+3DES:!aNULL:!MD5:!DSS
   # 15638400 seconds is 181 dayds
   # 63072000 seconds is 730 days
   Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15638400;
includeSubdomains;"
   Header always set X-Frame-Options DENY
   ErrorLog /home/user1/logs/XXX.error_log
   CustomLog /home/user1/logs/XXX.access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

> The important part is: Having a zeroed robots.txt doesn't break httpd.

Yeah, it didn’t seem likely, but then again it seemed to work for q bit…

And, just for kicks:
# apachectl -M
Loaded Modules:
 core_module (static)
 so_module (static)
 http_module (static)
 authn_file_module (shared)
 mpm_prefork_module (shared)
 authn_dbm_module (shared)
 authn_core_module (shared)
 authz_host_module (shared)
 authz_groupfile_module (shared)
 authz_user_module (shared)
 authz_dbm_module (shared)
 authz_core_module (shared)
 access_compat_module (shared)
 auth_basic_module (shared)
 auth_digest_module (shared)
 socache_shmcb_module (shared)
 socache_dbm_module (shared)
 reqtimeout_module (shared)
 include_module (shared)
 filter_module (shared)
 mime_module (shared)
 log_config_module (shared)
 env_module (shared)
 headers_module (shared)
 setenvif_module (shared)
 version_module (shared)
 proxy_module (shared)
 proxy_fcgi_module (shared)
 ssl_module (shared)
 unixd_module (shared)
 dav_module (shared)
 status_module (shared)
 autoindex_module (shared)
 cgi_module (shared)
 dav_fs_module (shared)
 vhost_alias_module (shared)
 dir_module (shared)
 userdir_module (shared)
 alias_module (shared)
 rewrite_module (shared)

# cat /www/XXX/.htaccess
Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews

--
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.