On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:11 AM Hemant Chaudhary <
hemantdude.chaudh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated apache-2.4.29 to apache-2.4.37 but still I am not able to
> graceful shutdown in debug mode.
>
> Can you please tell me how should achieve it. ? or let me know the
> function which I should call for proper graceful shutdown.

Each MPM (event, worker, process) has it's own signaling architecture
between parent and child processes.

The parent process signaling is documented here;
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/stopping.html

You will need to review the behavior of the child signal handler specific
to the MPM you want to control.

Quoting the doc above; "You will notice many httpd executables running on
your system, but you should not send signals to any of them except the
parent, whose pid is in the PidFile. That is to say you shouldn't ever need
to send signals to any process except the parent. There are four signals
that you can send the parent: TERM, USR1, HUP, andWINCH, which will be
described in a moment."

So what you seek to do is, effectively undocumented/unsupported. Debug mode
is not a supported operating mode, as I mentioned earlier.