Hi Eric,

first of all thanks for you quick response!

The loop is continuously giving the message "One moment please, you are being
redirected". And this is the message which is displayed when the request is
proxied from Apache to the Perl webserver.

I'm using the LA because I don't make use of an .htaccess file. So the rewrite
configuration I have posted is located in below file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzzz_app_sso.conf

Or isn't that correct?

This is an assumption I made based on the information in
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html

Maybe also worth mentioning, my proxy config is in a file which is picked up
earlier:

cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_app.conf

<Location />

    # Pass the HTTP protocol request header to the backend server if SSL is
inactive.

    RequestHeader set "X-Forwarded-Proto" "http" env=!HTTPS

    ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/ retry=1 acquire=3000 timeout=6000
Keepalive=On

</Location>

<Location /websocket>