Who is reporting a 502 exactly?

Perhaps we are missing the entire chain of events to properly diagnose
the issue.

If the problem is a client reporting an issue while proxying to this
server try manually to access ther web server yourself to discard
issues:

curl -vI https://www.amnetgroup.com

also you can manually try:

openssl s_client connect www.amnetgroup.com:443

and see if those tools report an issue.

If the above works well, it may be client issue, some clients can not
distinguish wildcard certificates. I know you said it is the same
certificate name, etc but better recheck the whole chain of events,
httpd knows how to match CN to wildcard certificates and like
mentioned earlier, it usually is up to picky clients complaining about
mismatches because they don't know how to deal with wildcard
certificates (lots of java applications, for example).

Also consider, if server has an issue with the certificate name it
will mention it or fail silently unless debugging is enabled for ssl
module.

Briefly:

* If httpd sees a difference between CN and ServerName, then there
really is a difference, make sure the correct cert is installed.
* If the wrong certificate (wrong name) is installed it will do the
same as above.
* If key and crt installed mistmatched it won't even start and fail
silently. (so do make sure httpd is starting when you install the new
certificate).
* If the certificate is correct and client is complaining, it probably
is a client which can't distinguish wildcard names, but this is not an
issue, it is a client not prepared for wildcard certificates (java
apps just need to specify a correct hostname verifier or no hostname
verification at all).

There isn't much more to this than what I described, so pay careful
attention and make sure httpd starts.

--
Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project