From: Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Sent: 03 October 2020 20:29
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Alternatives to SSI (server side includes)? [EXT]

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 13:46 Scott A. Wozny
<sawo...@hotmail.com<mailto:sawo...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Sounds like a job for AJAX, but before throwing out the baby with the bath
water I'd seriously consider turning up logging with timestamps on your
existing CGI and

That's a good idea, Scott, I've just been too lazy and debugging CGI is such a
pain.

The clients are mostly casual browsers, but every visitor triggers the CGI so
that's a lot of work for the db. Regarding the db it's currently an SQLite
instance but I'm running about 10+ virtual sites off the same db and needing
writes so that alone may be part of the problem.

Also, I do have a good Pg db running I've intended to use but just haven't
gotten a "round tuit" yet.

But, could a web socket setup help do you think?

Best,

-Tom

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research