From: Jason Long <hack3r...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: 11 March 2021 18:47
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] What should be considered about the reverse proxy
server? [EXT]

Thank you.
How about questions number 2 and 3?

On Thursday, March 11, 2021, 09:46:03 PM GMT+3:30, James Smith
<j...@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

A forward proxy is what you put between your web browser and the internet
(often called a proxy by browsers) often this happens on corporate networks) -
the reverse proxy is between the internet and the webserver

There are some issues with mod_security and e.g. wordpress sites - so you have
to take care to tune it - we often just use a set of general rules to act as a
first level of security