On 2022-02-11 2:52 p.m., Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
Hello,

In general, I would handle that kind of authentification tricks in a
perl script, however in this case I would need to protect a script
directly in Apache.

What presumably would work:

<If "%{QUERY_STRING} =~ /^someapp\/\?domain=testing;/">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Login Required for testing"
        AuthUserFile /shared/testing/htpasswd
        Require valid-user
</If>

Maybe I'm missing something that you refer to as "tricks" and "presumably"? Proof of concept? Context?

To "protect a script" is normally at system level. Why do you "need" to do this "directly in Apache"? Users? Permissions? It doesn't really matter whether you write in perl or my favourites fortran and cobol.

Best -- Paul
Tired old sys-admin.

What I would like to do:

<If "%{QUERY_STRING} =~ /^someapp\/\?domain=([a-z]+);/">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Login Required for $1"
        AuthUserFile /shared/$1/htpasswd
        Require valid-user
</If>

Is there a way to do something dynamic like this ?

Thank you for any pointer.