Hello,

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 8:18 AM Stefan Helmert <s.helm...@hzdr.de> wrote:

> in my setup, httpd runs on a specific uid and delegates transfers to
> mpm_itk with AssignUserIDExpr %{reqenv:MAPPED_USER} dynamic uid.
>
> The problem is: httpd runs ap_directory_walk() with its own uid before
> delegating to mpm_itk with the dynamic uid. This fails, because httpd
> doesn't have the permissions to read the directory.
>
> How can I disable ap_directory_walk() or delegate it to mpm_itk?

I can't think of a configuration that could change this behaviour, but
if you can patch mpm_itk I'd suggest to try to make the
itk_post_perdir_config hook an itk_map_to_storage hook instead
(APR_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST still, but returning DECLINED on success so
that the next map_to_storage hooks run too).

That's from a quick look at mpm_itk code (and I know very little about
this MPM), but it looks like it could work..

Regards;
Yann.