From: Rainer Canavan <rainer.cana...@avenga.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 3:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache static compile

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 11:22 PM Chris me <phunct...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Right. Is there an option to compile Apache using a non-standard
> location for dynamic libs? IE instead of /usr/lib it could use
> /usr/lib/custom
>
> I was not able to find anything other than using an ELF patcher to try and
> change the paths directly in the httpd binary file, but not sure how that
> would turn out.

Those are usually configured during link time, i.e. via LDFLAGS. It's not
entirely clear what you want, and the are at least a dozen rules how the
various options interact, so I'd recommend you check the man page for your
system's runtime linker (probably man ld). Normally, you'l just pass
-Wl,-rpath,/your/lib/search/path, but maybe you want to mess with DT_RUNPATH,
DT_RPATH or SEARCH_DIR.

Rainer